Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Welcome to our Mission Blog



June 3, 2014

When Dale and I met during college at the SUSC, I was searching for something that was, at that time, missing in my life even though my parents had taught me well.  I now know that what was missing was a better perspective of the true nature of the Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Dale came into my life through personal revelation that, to this day, I am not sure I was completely worthy to receive. But a loving Heavenly Father knew what I needed and guided us both as we dated and got to know each other better.  Dale was preparing to serve a mission and was waiting for his call when we started dating – it came and it was to North Germany – exactly where he wanted to go. I was so happy for him but sad to see my new best friend leaving for two years. But time went by and we were reunited in the summer of 1972 and were sealed for time and eternity in the Salt Lake Temple in December.  

And now here we are, preparing to leave for a Mission to the same part of Germany where he served more than 40 years ago where he spent 9 months teaching the Gospel in West Berlin which was then behind The Wall.  The Freiberg Germany Temple was built in the early 80's in what was then East Germany and has a miraculous history.  We are so blessed to be called to serve within it's walls in a now united Germany. 

We have looked forward to this day for a very long time and now, although I am a little apprehensive about the many languages that are used in this Temple and our medical issues and about leaving our family... I will go and serve my Heavenly Father with my husband as my companion.

President Ezra Taft Benson said, When you attend the temple and perform the ordinances that pertain to the House of the Lord, certain blessings will come to you.... You will receive the key of the knowledge of God. You will learn how you can be like Him. Even the power of godliness will be manifest to you.” 

THE FREIBERG GERMANY TEMPLE 





No comments:

Post a Comment